You’ve seen it on all the big blogs, and you’ve heard it can boost your conversion rates… but how do you add an opt-in box at the bottom of your blog posts if you’re not tech savvy?
You’re in luck because this video how-to will show you exactly how to add an opt-in box at the end of your wordpress blog posts, using a simple plugin that’s compatible with all the email marketing systems out there.
Video Tutorial: Add An Opt-in Box At The End of Your Blog Posts
UPDATE: Since recording this video, the plugin I was recommending has changed and we’ve since decided to recommend a different plugin entirely.
Here’s The Step By Step To Add An Email Signup Box Under Your Blog Posts
- Install the free “PopupAlly” WordPress plugin through the WordPress Plugins dashboard.
- Once the plugin is installed, login to your email list management system. That means Aweber, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, and the like.
- Paste the code into a new “Popup” in the html slot for the opt-in code.
- Choose the style you want to go with for your opt-in box, and add in the header and any other text you want the opt-in to contain. You can also include a photo if you have something that depicts your opt-in freebie.
- Select the location you want for this opt-in box, it can be top of the post or bottom of your blog posts. Then hit save on your settings. That’s all you have to do to display your new opt-in box, whether you want it to appear above or below the blog post.
- You’re done! Optionally you can go in and create a custom style to really match the look and feel of your blog and web site, and it’s highly recommended.
Here’s To Having a Strong Call To Action!
Now it’s your turn to share, I’d love to know what advice you have for people who are creating their opt-in boxes to display below their blog posts for the first time… leave a comment below and give us your best tip!
And if you haven’t already joined my free 30 day list building challenge, do it now.