Maybe you’ve discovered how to teach classes online, now you’re working on your content and you’re asking yourself how to make a presentation fun… while teaching and educating your audience.
There’s actually an art to making a presentation fun, and entire books and courses have been created on the topic.
Having been on the receiving side of many presentations in my life, I can definitely say that most presentations aren’t particularly fun, they’re boring.
I was recently listening to a fun presentation by Sally Hogshead, where she said that we need to unlearn how to be boring and return to our natural state of being fascinating. If you want to learn what makes you fascinating, you will definitely want to read her book Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation.
I’ll get back to fascination in a second, but first I want to show you my favorite new tool. You’re going to love it too!
Table of Contents
How To Make a Presentation Fun Using Prezi
Click here to check out Prezi. They have both free and premium options.
Fascinate and Resonate: How To Make a Presentation Fun
Once you start to bring some of your innate fascination into your presentations, you’re going to be able to keep people’s attention better. But that still doesn’t answer the question how to make a presentation fun, right?
That’s where a cool new tool to design presentations comes in. It’s called Prezi.
It’s unlike any of the existing presentation software that’s out there, like PowerPoint or Keynote.
Those programs are great, and they have certainly allowed people to create great presentations in the past, but I feel like there’s a whole new way of making fun presentations that’s emerging now.
There’s a new contender, and it’s operating under a totally different paradigm for designing presentations.
Instead of looking at presentation as a series of slides, and looks at presentations as one big canvas with different things that you can focus on at different points during your presentation.
Curious? Check out Prezi here, and see why it’s so different.
Other Tips To Make Your Presentations More Fun
These are just a few more ideas on how to make a presentation fun, to get your own creativity flowing.
- Make it engaging by calling people out, making your audience members raise their hands (whether they’re watching live or online), and asking questions.
- Sprinkle your presentations with personal stories. Facts tell, and stories sell… but they’re also a lot more fun than just a bunch of information.
- Make sure you’re having fun yourself. People will be able to tell if you’re not excited about your topic or presentation, so put your heart into it.
- Don’t read your slides, and don’t just memorize your talk. Let what comes to mind during your presentation take over, it might just be better and more fresh than what you practiced.
- Get everyone jazzed before your presentation with music, exciting announcements, or other party-like ideas to build up the anticipation.
What Fun Things Have You Enjoyed In Presentations?
I’d love to hear how to make a presentation fun in your eyes, and any examples of fun things you’ve done or seen other presenters do, too. Comment below!