Words aren’t flowing? Not sure how to describe your product or service?
That’s where Words that Sell: More than 6000 Entries to Help You Promote Your Products, Services, and Ideas comes in.
When it comes to website copywriting, it helps to have a manual at your side for those times when you need a really good word.
A Website Copywriting Handbook: Words That Sell
More Website Copywriting Tips
Other than grabbing your copy of “Words That Sell”, here are a few other tips to take your website copywriting to the next level.
- Write Like You Talk: More people have gotten used to corporate speak, but it’s not how people really talk to each other. When you can bring your language back down to a natural speech pattern, and write in that voice, you’ll connect with your customers in an entirely new way.
- Use Words Your Customers Use: If your customers would never be caught dead talking about “fishmongers”, but they do like to say “gone fishing”… use their exact words!
- Omit Unnecessary Words: This website copywriting tip could apply to all written work, but keeping your writing tight and to the point will only earn you bonus points with your readers.
- Use Headlines and Bullet Points to Break Up Text: No one likes to sit down and read a huge block of text. Use headlines and subheads to create space on the page, and bullet points to convey more information without the long sentences.
- Don’t Forget Your Call to Action: Tell your readers and potential customers what the next steps are. If it’s to leave a comment, subscribe, or buy – tell them how and why.
And now over to you…
These are just some of the website copywriting tips I’ve gathered throughout the years being online. What nuggets of copywriting words that sell have you found?
Share in the comments below!