In this episode of the Off the Charts Business podcast, Natalie Lussier speaks with Breanne Dyck from the Visionary CEO Academy.
They discuss the concept of scaling a business, including how bottlenecks can’t be entirely eliminated, only moved.
The episode offers actionable ideas and real-world examples to help multi-passionate entrepreneurs design a scalable business and spend more time away from the screen.
“The true bottleneck is actually the decision that happens before the task can be executed.”
Breanne Dyck from Visionary CEO Academy
Breanne Dyck is the co-founder and managing director of Visionary CEO Academy, which was founded in 2012.
She helps people empower their teams and scale their online businesses, from their revenue to their impact. She’s an expert in structuring businesses to allow for infinite scalability and building personal strategies to fit each person and business.
Visit her site here.
Some of the best moments from this episode:
- 00:02:19 – “You can have the best course, but if you don’t have the business infrastructure behind it to be able to support it, the whole thing’s gonna fall apart.”
- 00:04:22 – “There’s no such thing as eliminating a bottleneck.”
- 00:08:06 – “The true bottleneck is actually the decision that happens before the task can be executed.”
- 00:11:09 – “And if you’ve been feeling like balls have been dropped in the business, you’ll start to see why, because you’ll start to see all of the handoffs.”
- 00:14:23 – “And so at the end of all of this is literally a new job for yourself where it’s not you being the bottleneck, you making all the decisions, you doing all the things, but it’s you empowering a team who can take care of those things and collectively you have a business that’s better than any one person could ever have it be on their own.”
- 00:16:41 – “If there’s a place where you get super frustrated that someone isn’t doing it the way you wanted, that’s a sign that that’s not something you hate.”
- 00:17:49 – “An OBM is not a job. An OBM is a collection of skills, which can be so widely varied.”
- 00:20:08 – “Try and master 5% of all of your job in week one, and then try and master the next 5% of your entire job in week two.”
- 00:22:48 – “The benefit is that number one, you get results faster because they’re able to be fully on board and fully owning one area of the what much faster and the second benefit is that they actually start to learn the other things more quickly because they’re not having to switch between things all the time.”
- 00:24:46 – “Scaling is another word that can mean so many different things to so many different people.”
- 00:27:04 – “That’s the difference between a business that can scale sustainably and one that’s just going to spin its wheels or worse fall apart.”
- 00:29:28 – “Value to the business is profit. Value to the customer is results. Let’s map out how that value is being exchanged through our model.”
- 00:31:30 – “Culture is what keeps team and profit aligned.”
- 00:34:23 – “The moment you step out of that yourself and you elevate yourself to focusing on what, when, why, where, not how, that is what will make the difference.”
- 00:38:49 – “Watching how we deliver the program is a lesson in itself”
- 00:39:40 – “I think that you are not your business and that you have to be in relation with your business.”