In this episode, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the evolution of the digital space from around 2008 to 2023.
Especially when it pertains to online business and online marketing.
This episode was inspired by a question that Tanya Geisler, the extraordinary Impostor Complex slayer, asked me on LinkedIn. Not connected with me there yet? It’s my preferred place to post and engage with like-minded people, let’s connect.
You’ll see what has changed in the digital business space:
- Blogging and Content Marketing: from people publishing short blog posts regularly to the whole world of paid content marketing. I’ll touch on the changes that Artificial Intelligence and AI content production bring with them.
- Email Marketing: from newsletters to sending our email lists and building email funnels. And then back to sending newsletters, but with sponsors and a whole lot more flair.
- Podcasting: seeing the maturation and saturation that has come to the world of podcasting, and what it means for creators and listeners alike.
- Digital Business Models: starting with ebooks and online courses, all the way to coaching at scale. You’ll see what has changed and how different pricing models have impacted businesses.
- Platform Influence: how the algorithm has affected all digital businesses, especially those that use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn to get in front of their audiences.
If you’re curious about my newsletter, The Momentum Memo, you can get it delivered to your inbox and receive quick actionable tips to gain momentum in your business each Tuesday.