“If you work really hard, focus on making everyone around you successful, and go the extra mile every chance you get, you’re a leader.” -Marie Forleo
In honor of B-school session, I wanted to share with you a very rare treat. Today, I am sharing a written interview I had with Marie Forleo. First I dive into my history with Marie, her amazing bio, and then I ask her these questions:
1. What upcoming things in your life are you excited about?
2. You believe in lifelong learning, can you tell us about what you are investing in, learning yourself, and how you make the most of what you learn?
3. Can you tell us about the years before your “overnight success” and what those were like for you?
4. If you could give yourself one piece of advice when you were starting off in business, what would it be?
5. Can you share a specific story where mentorship, coaching, or training changed your life?
In this interview Marie goes deep, and shares with us about the six years before her success, the challenges she faced, and the lessons she learned along the way. She goes into how she found that clarity comes from engagement, not thought; how she had to give herself permission to go out there and experiment to find where her skills and passions aligned; that passion, energy and commitment matter more than anything else, and so much more. Trust me, this is an interview you do not want to miss!